Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Wounds May 24, 2007

I sit here at my keyboard

Making sense of the words flashing on my screen

Reflecting a time before I’d seen that very phrase

And how merely forming it in my mind it shook my existence

Now he calls me Jaan, and I halt in mid thought

Knots form in my stomach, my palms become all clammy

How do I react without irony or cynicism creeping into my response?

Answers fail me as I try to distract his train of thought while evaluating my emotions

Nevertheless, unknowing unsuspecting blameless, he has reopened healing wounds

No comments:

You Are Welcomed Warmly

I see you've found yourself suddenly here amidst the poetic scribbles of my rambling mind often incoherent to the general you and only understood by myself.

If you find that my words have touched you, then indeed my journey of words has met its objective ... I wish to be able to let you the unknown reader experience my rollercoaster existence with the stringing of words.

It is my sincere hope that you will come many times again and leave your comments and feedback for I am only a writer here in the anonymity of the internet, harbouring a burning desire to someday hold my words bound within pages in the bookstores of the world ...

Perhaps dreams keeps us going - I intend to try perhaps to turn mine into some reality .. thank you for stopping by...

.ani