Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Second Chances Jun 28, 2007

He packed his bags and he walked out to waiting her
Never looking back not even once
To see the tears that fell in place of shattered dreams

Three months of silence passed
He rang to say he was coming home
‘Give me a second chance to prove my love for you’ said he

She stood holding the receiver willing self to believe
Still hoping reason would prevail upon his heart and mind
All cards she laid clearly before him for second chances come but once

When he walked into her arms, her heart broke yet again
For the insincerity of his displays of affection
Sliced through her still bleeding heart

When he walked out with vague promises to be home soon
Her thoughts were with her heart in unison they bid their final farewells
For she knew he left her yet again and returned to her waiting there.

No comments:

You Are Welcomed Warmly

I see you've found yourself suddenly here amidst the poetic scribbles of my rambling mind often incoherent to the general you and only understood by myself.

If you find that my words have touched you, then indeed my journey of words has met its objective ... I wish to be able to let you the unknown reader experience my rollercoaster existence with the stringing of words.

It is my sincere hope that you will come many times again and leave your comments and feedback for I am only a writer here in the anonymity of the internet, harbouring a burning desire to someday hold my words bound within pages in the bookstores of the world ...

Perhaps dreams keeps us going - I intend to try perhaps to turn mine into some reality .. thank you for stopping by...

.ani