Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Memories Captive May 24, 2007

I stare at the date on the calendar and it stares back at me

Goading me to ignore its significance

But I am weak and I succumb to the memories

Lurking there on the fringes of my mind

Was it not later in that evening sometime ago?

You held me in your arms as we stood in silence

Basking still from the sweetness of our first kiss

That left us breathless and stole my heart

In the sky the moon played hide and seek with the clouds

Down below I held you closer, not wanting to lose my moonbeam

You called me Jaanu, you called me Patni, and you called me Soni

You, in Hindi, sang to me and wrote me poetry

In each other’s arms, skin on skin matching heartbeats

You took me on a journey of our future as man and wife

Bit by bit you tore down my walls of caution

You had me there completely soul bared and vulnerable

Why then did a side of you rear its ugly head?

Each and every strike of those same hands that once caressed I still feel

No more sweet words came forth only curses and demeaning hatred

Unwillingly I was pulled into hell once again and shattered dreams lay around my feet

As those images and memories form in my head

My eyes grow misty, blurred with hot uninvited tears

The pain is as intense now as it was then, the wound is still raw

So much time has since passed Jaan

Yet I am still held captive in my broken heart’s unresolved struggles

No comments:

You Are Welcomed Warmly

I see you've found yourself suddenly here amidst the poetic scribbles of my rambling mind often incoherent to the general you and only understood by myself.

If you find that my words have touched you, then indeed my journey of words has met its objective ... I wish to be able to let you the unknown reader experience my rollercoaster existence with the stringing of words.

It is my sincere hope that you will come many times again and leave your comments and feedback for I am only a writer here in the anonymity of the internet, harbouring a burning desire to someday hold my words bound within pages in the bookstores of the world ...

Perhaps dreams keeps us going - I intend to try perhaps to turn mine into some reality .. thank you for stopping by...

.ani