Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I Heard Them Cry May 23, 2007

I heard them cry

But still I moved not

For I felt such a weight on my self

Inflicting immobility upon my being

I wished I could die and escape what lay ahead

I hear their cry

And still I ignored their innocent tears

The pain was ceaseless and numbing

Visions kept playing before me

Results of succumbing to defeat and humiliation

I heard nothing for a brief moment

Before ear shattering wails erupted

Their nightmares are over once they awaken

Mine remain faithful at my side

In waking hours all through troubled sleep

At last I move toward their side

And hum old lullabies patting them back to slumber

Whispering I am here and I love you

Their relaxed gentle breathing reassures me

I am needed here my work is not done

My previous melancholic contemplations

Are forced to take a backseat

I am reminded to view the platter before me

Nudged into making decisions and taking direction

Unresolved matters still require my attention … and so I stay

No comments:

You Are Welcomed Warmly

I see you've found yourself suddenly here amidst the poetic scribbles of my rambling mind often incoherent to the general you and only understood by myself.

If you find that my words have touched you, then indeed my journey of words has met its objective ... I wish to be able to let you the unknown reader experience my rollercoaster existence with the stringing of words.

It is my sincere hope that you will come many times again and leave your comments and feedback for I am only a writer here in the anonymity of the internet, harbouring a burning desire to someday hold my words bound within pages in the bookstores of the world ...

Perhaps dreams keeps us going - I intend to try perhaps to turn mine into some reality .. thank you for stopping by...

.ani