Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Relationship Cycle Jul 25, 2007

PART I
You win I lose
The sword’s drawn from its sheath
Hungry for blood
The glistening blade
Finds that throbbing vein
The wailing of loved ones
From a din to distant whisperings
I am drawn into the darkness
Of this unending abyss
Searching for a sliver of light
My actions my words
Bespeak the state of my tumultuous mind
And yet the masses only see with glazed eyes
A mask of plastered smiles and depth less laughter
Envious of my state of being

PART II
You win I win
Same old me different you
Always leaving me breathless
Wanting more
Again they watch you as they watch me
Hoping to see derision drive wedges between us
I’m hopeful you’re reassuring
Your love so healing like balm on scorched parched skin
I ask too many questions
You give so many answers
Patient as ever reaching always reaching
For my heart that I’m afraid reveals too much
Love comes into my soul
Floods my senses and drowns the pains
Like parched fields after a monsoon
Awakening re-emerging embracing life
I feel you course your way through me
Leaving deep ploughed rows
Sown with seedlings of love bouquets
Ever bursting in rainbow hues
Envy still alongside always; keep your distance
Faith, hope and love keep us bound in eternal promised happiness

PART III
You lose I lose
Same old me minus you
Like a cleaver to my chest
I gouged my heart to free myself
How from heaven to this hell
How from smiles to these tears
How from promise to just fears
How did it all dissipate into broken glass?
Tossing and turning
Hiding emotions seeking answers
Too late now there is no recourse
I stand now but with a handful of dust

No comments:

You Are Welcomed Warmly

I see you've found yourself suddenly here amidst the poetic scribbles of my rambling mind often incoherent to the general you and only understood by myself.

If you find that my words have touched you, then indeed my journey of words has met its objective ... I wish to be able to let you the unknown reader experience my rollercoaster existence with the stringing of words.

It is my sincere hope that you will come many times again and leave your comments and feedback for I am only a writer here in the anonymity of the internet, harbouring a burning desire to someday hold my words bound within pages in the bookstores of the world ...

Perhaps dreams keeps us going - I intend to try perhaps to turn mine into some reality .. thank you for stopping by...

.ani