Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Monsoon Magic May 16, 2007

blistering scorching heatwave
all eyes turn heavenward
seeking that illusive rain cloud
amongst the endless blue

swirling dust on parched dry earth
riverbeds begin to show
yet again eyes cast to distant horizon
still yet nothing that tells of rain

from dawn to dusk the air is heavy
humidity makes my hair all frizzy
my movements are lumbering and heavy
as the fan swirls back not cool but hot air

Dear God I pray at night
Sweet showers of blessings send tonight
That on the morrow I may awaken
drenched not in perspiration

was that a distant thunder that I heard?
was that a flash of hinting lightening?
Oh joy I hear the first pitter patter
as the thirsting earth welcomes those first drops
dry cracks like starving children greedily soak

smiles cross many tired weary faces
like rebirth; oh beautiful rain
you cool the earth and put song in my heart
like a magic wand you life my spirits
and soon the world is silenced by music from the skies

No comments:

You Are Welcomed Warmly

I see you've found yourself suddenly here amidst the poetic scribbles of my rambling mind often incoherent to the general you and only understood by myself.

If you find that my words have touched you, then indeed my journey of words has met its objective ... I wish to be able to let you the unknown reader experience my rollercoaster existence with the stringing of words.

It is my sincere hope that you will come many times again and leave your comments and feedback for I am only a writer here in the anonymity of the internet, harbouring a burning desire to someday hold my words bound within pages in the bookstores of the world ...

Perhaps dreams keeps us going - I intend to try perhaps to turn mine into some reality .. thank you for stopping by...

.ani