Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Malaysia is 50 Aug 14, 2007

Fifty years post independence
Still those in power fail
To acknowledge our interdependence
Of peoples so varied and colourful
Each having their place in pushing us forward
Come Malaysia open your eyes
Give each of us our rightful place
We sing 'Tanah Tumpahnya Darahku'
Our blood our sweat our tears
The same no matter from whom it spills
Golden jubilee with pomp and pageantry
Look within, look back, then present and future
Diversity we must capture and sustain
Appreciate and celebrate
There is much more to achieve
As one people, one nation
We await the day when we can proudly say
Bangsa : Malaysia
Happy Birthday my homeland
Let not the blown candle smoke mar the visions
Alive in the hearts of your people

No comments:

You Are Welcomed Warmly

I see you've found yourself suddenly here amidst the poetic scribbles of my rambling mind often incoherent to the general you and only understood by myself.

If you find that my words have touched you, then indeed my journey of words has met its objective ... I wish to be able to let you the unknown reader experience my rollercoaster existence with the stringing of words.

It is my sincere hope that you will come many times again and leave your comments and feedback for I am only a writer here in the anonymity of the internet, harbouring a burning desire to someday hold my words bound within pages in the bookstores of the world ...

Perhaps dreams keeps us going - I intend to try perhaps to turn mine into some reality .. thank you for stopping by...

.ani