Monday, July 7, 2008

What Might Have Been Apr, 2001

There was time when things were bright and clear
And a time when I might have been younger
When skies were blue and birds sang tunes
I might have been a kindly king or emphatic peasant
We might have been peas in a pod
So dissimilar in our similarity
We might have been singers of acclaim
Or whose payment were of rotten fruit
Wherefore then are the good intentions
Of either in our pursuits
Do we know the value of the life within us?
Or might we have squandered it
And in the time of aging
Sit back to sigh, "Oh what might have been!"

No comments:

You Are Welcomed Warmly

I see you've found yourself suddenly here amidst the poetic scribbles of my rambling mind often incoherent to the general you and only understood by myself.

If you find that my words have touched you, then indeed my journey of words has met its objective ... I wish to be able to let you the unknown reader experience my rollercoaster existence with the stringing of words.

It is my sincere hope that you will come many times again and leave your comments and feedback for I am only a writer here in the anonymity of the internet, harbouring a burning desire to someday hold my words bound within pages in the bookstores of the world ...

Perhaps dreams keeps us going - I intend to try perhaps to turn mine into some reality .. thank you for stopping by...

.ani